This museum’s stone building was constructed in 1840 by the Wood family, United Empire Loyalists and one of Cornwall’s founding families. Three generations of the Wood family lived here until 1952 when Walter Wood, a bachelor, died. Several years later, it became a historical museum for Cornwall and SDG. In 2000, it was relocated to Cornwall’s beautiful, waterfront Lamoureux Park.
Contact info160 Water Street West
ArchitectureYear built: 1840
Building type: Museum
Dates/hours openSaturday August 15 – Sunday August 16, 2020
Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.