This home encompasses the original 1784 "poteaux sur sol" (vertical-log) cabin of Loyalist Peter Ferguson, as well as the 1804 house of Reverend John Bethune, Upper Canada’s first Presbyterian minister, and David Thompson, one of Canada’s earliest map-makers. The Ontario Heritage Trust acquired it in 1977, restoring it in the 1980s. It is the oldest residence owned by the Trust.
- French services available
- National Historic Site (Canada)
- Guided tours available
- Site has blue and gold provincial plaque
Contact info19730 John Street
ArchitectureYear built: 1784
Dates/hours openSaturday August 17 – Sunday August 18, 2019
Saturday and Sunday: Noon to 5 p.m.