Built between 1895 and 1897, this building was designed by George King to replace the original town hall. Constructed of limestone, it features slate-roofed towers and turrets, stained-glass windows and a dramatic foyer. The bell tower houses the original bell. The tower’s clock was installed in 1990, on the 100th anniversary of the incorporation of Carleton Place.
- Full wheelchair access
- Guided tours available
- Site has blue and gold provincial plaque
- Site is protected by the Ontario Heritage Trust
Contact info175 Bridge Street
Carleton Place, Ontario
ArchitectureYear built: 1895-97
Architect: George King
Building type: Historical landmark
Dates/hours openSaturday September 21, 2019
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.