Built in 1871 for the Wesleyan Methodist congregation, this building was purchased by the Baptists in 1888. Their former frame church on Town Line Road was vacated at that time. The original wooden steeple was struck by lightning in 1973 and destroyed, but later rebuilt. The original pews remain in use. Enjoy a display of quilts from the local museum.
- Full wheelchair access
- Guided tours available
Contact info299 Bridge Street
Carleton Place, Ontario
ArchitectureYear built: 1871
Building type: Place of worship
Dates/hours openSaturday September 21, 2019
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.