Erected in 1872 as the Carleton Place Town Hall, this limestone building now houses the local museum. Originally containing council chambers, a lock-up and a public auditorium, it was converted into a school in 1879, which served the community until 1969. The main floor galleries feature exhibits chronicling the town's history. Also see the Community Labyrinth and Victoria School Gardens.
- Full wheelchair access
- Guided tours available
- Self-guided tours available
Contact info267 Edmund Street
Carleton Place, Ontario
ArchitectureYear built: 1872
Architect: William Rorison
Building type: Museum, Schoolhouse
Dates/hours openSaturday September 21 – Sunday September 22, 2019
Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.