Holy Sepulchre Catholic Cemetery is the Diocese of Hamilton’s best-known cemetery. Opened in 1875, it is the resting place of many of the diocese’s bishops, priests and religious sisters. In 1889, the beautiful Holy Sepulchre Chapel was consecrated by Bishop Dowling. It is situated in one of the most historical areas of the cemetery, overlooking the shores of Lake Ontario.
- Partial wheelchair access
- Self-guided tours available
Contact info600 Spring Gardens Road
ArchitectureYear built: 1875
Architectural style: Gothic revival
Building type: Cemetery, Place of worship
Dates/hours openSaturday September 29, 2018
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.