Built in 1914 to house militiamen preparing for service in the First World War, this building was recognized in 1991 in the Register of the Government of Canada Heritage Buildings. Today, the Peel, Dufferin and Halton Regiment – a rifle company of the Lorne Scots – uses the building, which is beside the Old Fire Hall, one of the first in Brampton.
- Partial wheelchair access
- National Historic Site (Canada)
- Guided tours available
- Self-guided tours available
Contact info12 Chapel Street
Telephone: 905-874-5724, ext. 7280
ArchitectureYear built: 1914
Building type: Historical landmark, Military, Museum
Dates/hours openSaturday September 28, 2019
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.