The Parish of St. Thomas was established in Belleville in 1818 when the first church was consecrated by Charles Stewart, the second Lord Bishop of Quebec. The first St. Thomas' Church was a brick structure completed in the 1820s. It is now a traditional Norman-style church, joined to a modern, glass-enveloped Parish Centre. The church is beautifully illuminated by skylights.
Contact info201 Church Street
ArchitectureYear built: 1820s (brick structure); 1858 (Norman-style structure); after 1975 (interior rebuilt)
Building type:Place of worship
Dates/hours openSep 21, 10:00am - Sep 21, 04:00pm
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.