Sir John Johnson (a prominent colonial military leader and administrator) founded Williamstown in 1784 after the American Revolution. He built this Manor House – one of the oldest west of Quebec – as well as a gristmill and sawmill. Johnson was responsible for settling disbanded Loyalist soldiers and their families and other refugees from the Quebec border to Prince Edward County.
- Partial wheelchair access
- National Historic Site (Canada)
- Guided tours available
Contact info19692 William Street
ArchitectureYear built: Begun in 1784
Architectural style: Georgian
Building type: Historical landmark
Dates/hours openSaturday August 18 – Sunday August 19, 2018
Saturday and Sunday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.