The original structure, known as the Thom Building, was built in 1893 by local photographer John Strathearn Thom to accommodate his photography studio. This purpose-built gallery, which opened in 2012, includes equipment that uses strict environmental controls to display the art. During Doors Open, visit the gallery and tour the collection’s storage, which includes works related to the oil industry.
- Full wheelchair access
- Guided tours available
Contact info147 Lochiel Street
ArchitectureYear built: 1893; 2012
Architect: Alar Kongats (Kongats Architects)
Architectural style: Victorian
Building type: Attraction, Commercial
Dates/hours openSaturday September 28, 2019
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.