Surrounded by spacious lawns, the Lockmaster’s House is set back from the lock at the Combined Lockstation on the Rideau Canal. The two-storey building has ground-floor walls of rough-faced stone with loopholes and a clapboarded second storey. The symmetrical main façade has a central door flanked by windows balanced by three second-storey windows. An enclosed porch protects the main entrance.
- National Historic Site (Canada)
Contact infoOld Slys Rd
Smiths Falls, Ontario
ArchitectureYear built: 1841
Architect: Bell, Richardson & Co.
Building type: Historical landmark
Landscape: Conservation area, Trail
Dates/hours openSaturday September 15, 2018
Saturday: 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. only