First United Church has a history that goes back to 1842 in the Ojibway reserve of Newash. The current First United Church building opened in 1955. This year, First United will be the starting point for the Wiidosendiwag-Walking Together Tour of the traditional territory of the Saugeen Ojibway Nation. Guided tours will be available throughout the Doors Open weekend.
- Full wheelchair access
- French services available
- Guided tours available
Contact info435 21st Street West
Owen Sound, Ontario
ArchitectureYear built: 1955
Architectural style: International
Building type: Place of worship
Landscape: Natural heritage, Trail
Dates/hours openSaturday June 2 – Sunday June 3, 2018
Saturday: book and bake sale, 8 a.m. to 1 p.m. and guided tours, 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Sunday: morning worship, 10:20 a.m. to 12:30 p.m. and guided tours 12:30 to 4 p.m.