St. George's Memorial opened in 1924, the same year that Oshawa became a city. Designer Eden Smith considered this Gothic revival-style church, constructed of Credit Valley sandstone, his finest work. The buttresses and Gothic tracery are noteworthy, and the tower supports a 15-bell carillon. Come for a chiming concert at noon and an organ concert at 1:30 p.m.
- Partial wheelchair access
- Self-guided tours available
Contact info51 Centre Street South
ArchitectureYear built: 1924
Architect: Eden Smith; parish hall designed by Forsey Page & Steele
Architectural style: Gothic revival
Building type: Place of worship
Dates/hours openSaturday September 29, 2018
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.