The Ladies' Golf Club of Toronto was begun by women for women. The clubhouse was originally a country estate called Brooklands, built for Strafford Watson (son of a prominent Toronto lawyer) as a wedding present. The course was designed by the distinguished golf course architect, Stanley Thompson. Champion golfer Ada Mackenzie was the driving force behind the club's establishment.
- Full wheelchair access
- Guided tours available
Contact info7859 Yonge Street
ArchitectureYear built: 1922; established in 1924
Architectural style: Period revival
Building type: Historical landmark
Dates/hours openSaturday September 22, 2018
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.