Doors Open Ontario

Church of the Nativity Doors Open Hamilton

New

Church of the Nativity

The Church of the Nativity – founded in 1878 as St. Mary’s, Bartonville – was established in 2006 with the amalgamation of the parishes of St. Mary’s and Grace Church, Hamilton (founded 1919). View the intricately carved chapel reredos – originally in the 1881 stone church – stained-glass windows, archival photographs and worship artifacts from both former parishes.

Tell us your story about this site

  • Parking
  • Full wheelchair access
  • Washrooms
  • Guided tours available
  • Self-guided tours available

Contact info

1831 King Street East (at Barons Avenue)
Hamilton, Ontario
Telephone: 905-549-4335
www.worshipwithnativity.org

Architecture

Year built: 1880-81; 1953 (chancel renovation and nave addition); 1967 (Chapel of the Holy Family, parish hall, meeting rooms and offices)
Architect: Charles Willer Mulligan; Husband, Robertson & Wallace (1953); Charles Lenz (1967)
Building type: Place of worship

Dates/hours open

Saturday May 5 – Sunday May 6, 2018
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Sunday: 11 a.m. to 4 p.m.; Sunday service at 10 a.m. (all are welcome)

Church of the Nativity 1831 King Street East (at Barons Avenue)