The original church, built on the market grounds in 1832, was demolished to make room for Guelph’s City Hall. In 1856, the present Gothic revival church was designed by William Hay of Toronto. The timberwork ceiling and stained-glass windows memorialize church leaders. The south-side addition is built of stone salvaged from Guelph’s demolished Opera House.
- Full wheelchair access
- Guided tours available
Contact info161 Norfolk Street
ArchitectureYear built: 1857
Architect: William Hay
Architectural style: Gothic revival
Building type: Place of worship
Dates/hours openSaturday April 21, 2018
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.; first tour leaves at 10 a.m.; last tour leaves at around 3:30 p.m. to allow the site to close at 4 p.m.