This granite obelisk was constructed in 1902 and dedicated to the memory of Captain P.K. Milligan. In April 1943, a collision damaged the monument. The original stone base was replaced with cement and was re-erected in Memorial Garden. In 1980, it was restored and is now maintained by Branch 178 of the Royal Canadian Legion and the municipality.
- Partial wheelchair access
- Self-guided tours available
Contact info4498 Durham Regional Highway 2
ArchitectureYear built: 1902
Building type: Historical landmark, Military
Dates/hours openSaturday June 9, 2018
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.