This 1824 stone building was once the home and bakery of Henry Corby (the remains of the bakery are still visible in the basement). The foundation and large open hearth are original. A third storey was added in about 1883 and the present brick façade in 1891. The original wood and tin ceiling is still visible on the store level.
- Guided tours available
Contact info258 Front Street
Belleville and District, Ontario
ArchitectureYear built: 1824
Building type: Commercial
Dates/hours openSaturday September 22, 2018
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.