Built in 1872-73 by architect John D. Evans (the builder was John Forin) as Belleville’s market building and town hall, this attractive structure – with its tall clock tower – has dominated the downtown landscape for over 140 years. Architect Bill White’s imaginative renovations (1987-88) preserved many original interior architectural features, while adding 929 square metres (10,000 square feet) of space.
- Full wheelchair access
- Guided tours available
- Site has blue and gold provincial plaque
Contact info169 Front Street
Belleville and District, Ontario
ArchitectureYear built: 1872-73
Architect: John D. Evans (original building), Bill White (renovation)
Building type: Historical landmark
Dates/hours openSaturday September 22, 2018
Saturday: 10 a.m. to 4 p.m.